Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, October 12, 2006

it's a long day

I am very tired, so I am going to use list in order to avoid the liability of being logical.

1. Career fair sucks, no matter where it is. Actually, it is relatively nicer here because there are less applicants. If you are lucky, you can get an interview right away. But it still sucks.

2. The "sleep number" bed is very comfortable. This is the only thing I enjoy in this Radisson Hotel.

3. Women are everywhere. I think the number of women in Kansas City must have been doubled by this conference.

4. Everyone was dressed so formally. I was the only person who wore blue jeans at the conference, so I had to come back to my hotel room and change. They call this "being prepared for opportunities". Shoot! We are engineers.

5. Being a recruiter is nice. Those young girls came to our booth and talked to us so politely. I didn't need to worry about not being smart or impressive enough. That's great. I really should pursue a career in HR.

6. Traffic here is crazy. Well, there is not much traffic, but the way people drive their cars are like that in China. You have to be very careful regardless of the traffic light, because other people don't seem to pay attention to it.

7. I love sweet potato fries. Rui discovered this in the restaurant in our hotel yesterday. We were hooked to it instantly. Tonight we simply ordered it for our dinner. The waiters were kind of upset because it only costs 2 dollars.

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careers are unfair, ur much better than a career Sherry... fairy tales is all they are, career fairy tales. U tell a guy u have a bachelors and he says "so when u gettin your masters." You tell him u have a masters and he ask's for a P.H.D...tell him to call you Dr. Sherry and He says "Oh yea, well where's your hospital." Its all madness. But I commend you for handling it so well. Why If I were you, and If today were Friday the Thirteenth, and if I had a mask, and A chain saw !!! and !!...

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

If I said it once I said it a thousand times...career fairs suck!!! That is why when I walk by a recruiter and he says "he you need a job?" I just politely say no thanks and keep walking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home