Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, September 25, 2006

career fair: day 1

I knew the career fair was going to be frustrating, but this morning really sucked. I can't really blame anybody else, because I am sure I wasn't in the right status. I didn't even bother to introduce much about myself. So it's quite understandable that the two people I talked to didn't show much interest.

In the afternoon, after being comforted and cheered up by Rui and Brian, I stopped by another two companies. Although there was little chance they are going to give me an interview due to the nature of my degree level, my major and the citizenship requirement, I felt much better because I at least tried my best.

Right now I started to see more clearly what kind of job I want. I am not afraid of hard-working, but I don't want some dull job which makes me feel I am wasting the rest of my life. I want to work with people who are smart. For this reason, oil companies are very attractive to me.

Again, I don't have any choice. So what I will get is what I will have.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck!!! Seriously career fairs do suck.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck...Career Fairs Suck!!! Seriously career fairs do suck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home