Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, September 24, 2006

job, job, job

Tomorrow begins the career fair. I am sitting here browsing through the very few companies who would like to hire a mechanical engineering + PhD + foreign student.

For me, the most important thing is what they want instead of what I want, because I really don't have many choices. I would be very lucky if I can get one or two campus interviews out of the next two days standing in the long line and selling myself within 3 minutes of talking to the recruiter.

Whenever I do job-hunting preparation, I can't help feeling that I were a kid trying to play the rules defined by the strange world. I just can't get totally serious about it.

But nothing will change no matter how I think of it. So I better get some homework done. Everyone wish me good luck!

3 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Good Luck and remember you're Shiyao "freaking" Bian

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you and Brian have the same middle name! What are the chances? ;)

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you and Brian have the same middle name! What are the chances? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home