Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Saturday, September 02, 2006

invincible (movie spoiler included)


Since Jia has been back from China, it seems quite logical that we continue to contribute to the income of showcase theatre together. Now we have reached an agreement on what kind of movies we should watch. Basically I am fine with her list after taking out the horror movies. Even the horror movies weren't a problem for me until I saw "Emily Rose". Phew...

I am not a sports fan and I usually don't watch sports on TV except tennis games, but I like movies about sports. So this afternoon instead of going to the Stadium, we watched a movie about football "the Invincible".

It's based on a true story about a thirty-old football fan Vince Papale who finally became a real professional player. At the beginning of the movie, he lost his job as a substitue teacher, his wife divorced him and took everything from him, and all he had was a part-time bartender job. Then there was the big tryout for Philadelphia Eagles. Being talented, he was selected to join the team and made his way out to victories.

What I like most about the movie is not the dream-come-true part, although Jia and I were really excited at the end of the movie when Vince made the touchdown. I was touched by how supportive his friends, his family and his coach had been even at the roughest times.

His friend Tommy, whose own job was at risk anytime, encouraged him to go to the tryout (BTW, Brian, I totally believe you can make it to the American Idol), was happy for his success and never lost faith in him. His dad, his girlfriend, and all other friends were always standing by him and proud of each step he took on the road.

It was a very heart-warming and inspiring movie, which is exactly what I need, always.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

I appreciate the support for my dream of making to the American Idol tryouts, but I just don't think I have the heart for it. But you never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home