Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, September 21, 2006

delayed

This morning I was supposed to take a 9:40am flight back to Michigan. However, we were informed that the airplane had some mechanical problem and was stuck somewhere else.

Everytime I hear "mechanical problem", I know it won't be a sure thing that it can be fixed soon. The staff were fully aware of that too, so they started to re-book everyone to other flights.

The earliest avaible flight back to Detroit was at 5pm. And I was at the airport since 8am. But I had no choice and switched my flight. The rest of the time I just wandered around the terminals, ate a big icecream cone (BTW, I love Edy's butter pecan icecream), waited until the lunch time and had a cheeseburger and beer at Blue Note Cafe.

Having nothing else to do after lunch, I decided to check out my original flight. It seemed that there might be a chance it would take off sometime around what they promised. So I waited there, watching the technicians doing all kinds of stuff around the plane. Luckily enough, they fixed it!

Since I was not on this flight anymore, I had to beg the staff to let me get back. First I talked to a woman and it didn't work out. Then I went back and talked to a guy. He let me in. Why does it always have to be this way?

Anyway, the rest of the story was smooth. Today was such a beautiful day of the fall. Blue sky and crystal clear air. The only thing is that Jia was annoyed by my changing schedule back and forth and she had to suffer the rush hours. Thanks, girl!

My conclusion is that 6 hours of waiting at the airport is not as painful as it sounds, if it's during the daytime. Also, sometimes they do fix mechanical problems of the airplane with a reasonable estimate of time. Third, I love love love the fall.

I am going to enjoy some apple cider I got from the store today, probably with some spice rum, while watching the simpsons. It is good to be back.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Oh yeah...I love apple cider. I lvoe everything about the fall...I really need to write a post about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home