Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, August 20, 2006

nineteen states

Brian and I had our first visit to Mississippi (the state) this afternoon. One of the LCC crew invited us to his home. It is a lovely house. Both he and his wife are very nice people. They showed us around, we fed the fish in the pond, and they fed us with delicious beef stew. I enjoyed the stay very much.

On our way there, I started to count how many states I have been to. Then it comes up with the number 19, which surprised myself because I only guessed 10. Then I thought it would be interesting to write a little blog about it. So here they are.

Michigan---is the first state I have been to and the one I love most. It is becoming a second home for me. I love its weather, I love my friends there, and I love my apartment. It will be wonderful if I can find a job there and really call it home.

Illinois---My impression of Illinois is pretty much from the city Chicago and the endless darkness in the country when Chinar and I drove down to Memphis overnight. I liked neither of them.

Indiana---Fort Wayne is where my husband is working. It's a alright place. Medium city. Not much traffic. Low living expenses. I wouldn't mind living there. But still, I love Michigan.

Ohio---I went to visit my cousin in Columbus once. The campus of Ohio State is nice, but the city itself didn't impress me. Also, I have been to Toledo twice. The gorilla there has some cool "personality".

New Jersey---one of my best friends used to live there. I drove all the way from Michigan to New Jersey to visit her. Her apartment was close to the beach. So after dinner we would take a walk along the shore. It was a good summer vacation.

Massschusetts---Boston is where I visited. I liked the food there. You can have fresh lobster with cheap price. It was also thrilling for me to check out Harvard and MIT.

NYC---I am not sure if it belongs to the state New York, so I am listing it here independently. I bet a lot of people love this city, but it is not where I want to live, for sure. It will kill me if I have to live in Jersy City and take the cruise to work every single day, like what my friend there is doing .

California---two years ago, I took a vacation there and went to LA and San Diego. Honestly, I hated LA, but the food in chinatown was so good. San Diego is a very nice city. I really don't mind going there again. After all, I still need to visit the zoo.

Neveda---I can't believe that I have been to Las Vegas twice. That's more than enough.

Arizona---next time I hope to go hiking in Grand Canyon. That should be fun.

Washington---I was there for a conference. It was very depressing to stay in Seattle around Thanksgiving. It's cold, and raining all the time.

Geogia---I took a one-stop flight from Memphis to Detroit, which gave me one-hour stay at Atlanta airport.

Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Kentucky---they are just the states I drove passing by from one place to another. Among them I really like Connecticut. It looked very neat.

Mississippi---I have to admit that the first visit to Mississippi is almost the best day ever since I have been down here. It's like a getaway from Memphis.

Tennesee---I have talked about it too much in my last few entries. Yeah, I have been here and I am here.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

I believe you've been in at least two other states that you didn't list: Arkansas and Missouri. If you went through the country side of Illinois on your way to Memphis you must have driven through Missouri. Plus when you go that way you drive from Arkansas across the Mississippi int Memphis. Make that number 21.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home