Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, December 15, 2006

Apocalypto --- a new beginning

I was disappointed by this movie. The storyline is kind of weak. Basically, the first half was "gladiator" but not nearly as good, the second half was the combination of "the fugitive" and "home alone".

Although you would be shocked by the cruel and bloody scenes, there would not be much left in your mind after you step out of the theatre. I was definitely expecting something more connected with the whole Maya culture than just some guy escaping from death and running for his life and his family.

The only fun for me is that finally there is a movie which I was watching with my eyes wide open while Jia was covering her face most of the time. Yay!

Also, this movie reminded me of one conversation with Brian in Memphis about who would die first if we were thrown into a jungle or island. We both agreed that the Indian guy would be number one victim because he could barely handle hardware. Then Brian said I would be the next. It was sad and true, but Brian promised that he would find food for me, which was quite comforting.

Jia and I were talking about the same hypothesis during the movie, then the conclusion we reached was that I would be starved to death and she would probably suicide before that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home