Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

this one is for Rui

Thanksgiving was one week ago. And your birthday was 11 days ago. Right now I am dedicating this entry to you, for your birthday, and for my gratefulness of having a great friend like you in my life. Hopefully one day you will read it and like it.

We have shared so many things together after we first met over 5 years ago. I told you that I should write everything down and it would be a good story.

Yeah, when we are old. You agreed. So I am not going to say anything here. We are still so young, right?

There have been joy and laughters. However, often I feel that life here is just battle after battle. I don’t remember how many times I thought about quitting or felt I couldn't pull through. Without you, I wouldn’t have been able to hold on for this long.

Nights after nights, I dumped all kinds of feelings to you. You patiently listened to my whinings, comforted me and asked me not to give up. You are the person who know me best. You have seen all my weakness and my struggles, yet you still love me for who I am. That means a lot to me.

There might be a few times I was able to be your listener. But most of the time, you are simply there for me. Your strength and perseverance impressed me, again and again. I am really proud of you.

I am sorry that I didn’t even buy you a birthday card, although I did think about it, and then I forgot. I know you forgave me, like you always do.

I wish you happy, and I wish you have everything you want for your life (all the cooking ware, I guess) and a great guy who deserves you.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Rui's the bomb...now I didn't say she bombed, but that she is the bomb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home