Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Deja Vu

Definition from Wikipedia: The term "déjà vu" (French for "already seen", also called paramnesia) describes the experience of feeling that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously.

So yesterday Jia and I watched the movie "Deja Vu". It was quite entertaining, and disturbing by using some time-space folding theory which I couldn't really follow.

Anyhow, I guess a lot of people had deja vu. No matter how scientificly they tried to explain it in Wikipedia, the whole experience still seems quite mystic to me.

One of the explanations is that what's happening now coincidentially matches some elements in your past dreams, so you would have this "already seen" feeling. I can't say this is the case, but I did have dreams that coincided unbelievably with the reality.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

I once read an interesting post that pointed out that coincidence is nothing but a word used to "explain" the unexplainable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home