Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, December 11, 2006

relationships

I have to admit that I don't know how to work on problems in relationships. It is sad, because relationships are all that matters to me.

All my life I have been trying to avoid generating any conflict. If it was not avoidable by any means, I don't really know to handle it. One option to me was walking away from this relationship. By saying relationship, I mean all kinds of person-to-person interaction.

This has happened a couple of times. When I was young, I stopped talking to my brother for a year because of some trivial incident. Even now I am ignoring some people because I either felt very hurt or annoyed by them at some point.

As I become more mature, I know it's not the best way, especially when it involves people I do care about, because it hurts both me and them. I wish I have had a better relationship with my brother, shared things with him and been there for him when he needed, but I can't rewind time.

Now that I know that, the only way to resolve the conflicts, I think, is being honest with the person and the situation. This is how I say I don't feel right about it, but I do care a lot about you and our relationship. Let's get over it.

Somehow, it doesn't work that well all the time. So I learn my lesson, I don't walk away, but I don't say anything either.

Sometimes the conflict will fade away with time. In a better case, I will forget about it because I hardly remember anything in my life. However, there could be cases where everything is covered on the surface, then if similar conflicts happen, real damage can be made.

Relationships were never easy for me, although they say love and trust can overcome all the problems. I will be learning about it all my life, that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home