Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, November 24, 2006

the best Thanksgiving ever (1)

It was very nice of Brian to invite me over to his hometown for the Thanksgiving dinner. It was also my first time to experience a traditional American holiday. Brian told me to follow his car and that was the right decision. I am 100% percent sure that I would get lost if I didn't do that. There were at least two times I couldn't see any road or sign when he was going to make a turn. And I still don't know how to get to his house.

Elbing family have a beautiful house, and it's very cozy inside. This house will soon have its 100 anniversary with Elbing family (04/20/2007, also known as Brian's 26th Birthday), but you can see that it's well maintained.
Father and son in front of the shed. Remember, it's a SHED, not a barn.
This was Brian's playground when he was a kid. It looks having a lot to dig up, eh?

Elbing family's the other house. Lots of beers are stored here. I was pumped by finding a table-tennis table in the basement. In front of the house is Brian's favorite tree. He attempted to convince his parents to move to current house with this tree. Apparently he didn't succeed.

Now here is the BARN by this house.

The famous Pigeon windmills. Here is some recent report about it:
http://www.michiganfarmbureau.com/farmnews/transform.php?xml=20061030/civics.xml
Downtown Pigeon. We tried to find a Pigeon shirt at the gas station, but they were out of it.

This is part of the Thanksgiving dinner. The food was very very delicious. I wish I could have more, but I have no regret, because I know I tried my best. I didn't miss any chance to get myself full of them. Aww...I miss the turkey. We also had different kinds of dessert after the dinner. What can I say? Life is good.
However, don't get me wrong. This is the best Thanksgiving to me not just because of the food (everybody who knows me knows that's a big part though). Brian has a wonderful family. They treat their guests very well. Actually, from time to time I felt like I was being with my own family. I was able to say or do whatever I wanted and didn't have to pretend to be someone else. The whole place was so relaxing that I almost fell into sleep on the couch. And we had so many laughters together!

Brian, thank you for inviting me. Ann and Ron, you are the best hosts. Teresa, you are just as sweet and considerate as Brian told me. Renee, thank you for sharing the room with me and for walking into all the stores to look for the shirt. Tom, I appreciate our conversation and thanks for sharing your thoughts. I wish you had better luck this afternoon with the hunting. And congradulations to you two again!

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

You're welcome...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home