Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, December 01, 2006

my new obsession


So my fever of making cookies has long gone. I still miss those cinnamon sugar cookies, but now all my passion is pouring into peanut-butter rice crispy treat.

Certainly, it was inspired by Demoree's rice crispy treat, again. As soon as I discovered that making this delicious sweetness was so easy, I got into the business right away. I initiated the idea of adding peanut butter into the ingredient, and it was very successful (go ask Rui, Brian or Demoree about it).

I have been thinking about selling my product in the campus. I even asked Brian if anyone would pay one dollar for my treat, but he refused to answer it. Maybe he didn't like the idea he could't get it for free anymore.

Anyhow, let me do some cost-benefit calcultion. As the cost for a batch of my peanut-butter rice crispy treat is around $4 (excluding my time and work) and I cut it into 12 pieces, I will be able to make $8 per batch if I sell it for $1 per piece. I can make one batch in 30 minutes, so my labor would be at most $16/hour. Wait...as a GSRA, my hourly pay is around $22 before tax.

Alright, forget about it. I better go back to my research instead of dreaming of getting richer by selling my treat. It is probably more worthy of my time.

In a second thought, graduate students are not really paid based on how many hours we spent on our research. Hmmm...it's a true dilemma. I guess I need non-linear equations to solve this puzzle.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Yeah I refused to answer the question because it could only harm me. If I say they are worth a dollar than you'll want me to pay you for them, but if I say they aren't worth a dollar than you'll be offended. This would be a lose-lose situation.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or we can put it this way. If you say they are worth a dollar, I can get some extra money. If it's the opposite case, you can still have them for free. That would be a win-win situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home