Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, May 12, 2006

where did time go

It has never been a problem for me to waste time on nothing. Like tonight, I wanted to get some paperwork done for renewing my I-20. Before I started anything, there would certainly be fair amount of time devoted to web browsing. Then my friend Rui came to chat with me, while I continued talking to another friend in China through messenger. At the point I felt I was ready to work on the forms, it was 10:30pm. So, time to go home for "Simpsons".

Well, I know where my time went, but how come it passed so fast?! I didn't even truly procrasinate yet.

Also, there are so many books waiting for me. I am half way through "mere Christianity", with which I could probably celebrate the anniversary if I don't finish it soon. It is not like I didn't enjoy it. However, there was hardly a chance for me to really sit down and have some time with it. I read 20 pages of "the four loves", just started "the journey of desire" and want to read the book Ciara recommended. Yesterday Jillian mentioned another book "my sister's keeper", which sounded interesting too.

I do wish someday I could read books in English as fast as I read stuff in Chinese. Then I would be able to finish all those books in no time.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

What makes me sad is that you read books in English as fast as I do...darn no reading during my youth.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

You guys are being so supportive and encouraging.

As a friend and a blogger, I can't ask for more.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home