Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

feeling better

Things are getting better, I think. I got really focused on the new task, and started to feel comfortable with what people expected from me. There are still lots of problems, but the future definitely looks a little bit promising.

It’s really hard to squeeze some time for my own project and thesis writing. I made some plan, which has been changed again and again. I guess I just didn’t make good plans, or at least not any realistic ones.

My back hurts sometimes because of the work in the lab. It is not that bad. What bothers me is that the fat sitting around my waist goes nowhere although I have to stand hours after hours everyday.

It seems unbelievable that my parents are coming in 8 days! My dad has been in US and other countries before, but it’s the first time that my mom ever comes to a foreign country. I really want to give them some wonderful memories. We will fly to Las Vegas on May 31, and then drive to Grand Canyon.

My original plan was to go to Niagara Fall with them as well in mid June. Since now my schedule is so tight, I am not sure I can do that any more. They are telling me that they are willing to take the trip by themselves. It might not be a bad idea since my cousin lives in Buffalo and my parents will stay with her for a couple of days there, although I haven’t made up my mind yet.

By the way, I have to admit that I am having a new crush. She is so cute and playful. I spent one hour with her last night and totally fell in love with her. I wish I could have more time and see her often. If you are curious about her, through this link you will see her latest picture.

5 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

Well so that your back won't hurt, I'll switch boxes...you're welcome.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can play with Zooey anytime!!
Also, you are the female version of Kevin- he emailed me today and said his back hurt too!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and here might be a cuter picture of her:
http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~stellac/zooey_120605.jpg
She looks all stretchy and gross in the screendoor one. :)

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know things were so tough. Is it the fire that's causing so much trouble? Yeah, zooey is cute, but only on the outside. Inside her heart is full of retractable claws. Usually. My back is a little better...

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Thanks guys!
I am sorry that I couldn't be cheerful today. In the early morning my another advisor from Aero gave me some pressure on other things, which means I need to work harder in the following days. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home