Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

walking in Memphis

This city gives me a strange feeling. I wouldn't mind finding a job and staying there at all. Actually, I kind of like it. But my instinct tells me to hide my true thoughts as long as I am still a graduate student, because in our office my name + Memphis means hard work and less hours of sleep.

However, whenever I hear the song, some random memories would come up to strike me.

Cozy Mels---My favorite mexican restaurant so far. This is also the place where Brian and I had the first dinner together. It was funny that he was sitting right next to me and I totally forgot his existence. He gave me a hard time for that, though I did pick up the pieces of what happened long after we started to know each other. Yes, right. You ordered Chicken Fajitas and a beer and hot sauce.

Marriot---The hotel we stayed in. It is a nice place. I started to watch "South Park" during my precious non-working hours there. Sometimes I could hear the trains passing by. I did laundry there once. And I was tired of the same breakfast. Coffee was fine though.

Gas station---In front of Marriot. I usually got my beers there. They also sell sushi. We always wondered who would buy sushi from a gas station.

Kroger---It is smaller than the one on Plymouth Rd. We bought our everyday lunch there, which was basically all kinds of frozen food.

Beal Street---The fun place. Unfortunately I only went there once. That day I was pretty upset about certain things said by certain people. Then the band started to play "wonderful tonight". My heart was suddenly filled with happiness. Music has some magic on me.

Japanese restaurant---across the street from Mariot. We had some good times there. But then some accident happened. Security guy was called to kick us out of the restaurant. I hope they don't remember me so that I can go there again because the food was good.

Other restaurants---Eating is a big thing for me, especially in Memphis. But I don't like the steak house in front of the hotel. Neither the Italian one where my other colleagues like to go.

Memphis airport---Not as fancy as Detroit airport. I will be there again. That's for sure.

Alcohol---My dear friend in Memphis.

Sunshine---One of things we didn't get much there, along with sleep and regular food. Our working hours were usually from 7am to 9pm, in a sealed space.

LCC---The place we were /will be working at. It's quite interesting that there is such a clear image of LCC in my mind, but I don't know what to say about it. As well as the people I worked with. We say "what happens in Memphis stays in Memphis". Then I should stop here.

6 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Yes, we are going back there in the summer. This one will be Brian's thesis project.

And what are you talking about? Sushi is delicious.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Oh Sherry it is so good to hear you getting excited about Memphis...especially now that I have written documentation that you love Memphis. Also during our next trip I shall change your opinion of the Italian restuarant...man I want the chicken tuscana right now... or fajitas at Cozymels...man I'm getting hungry.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Slow down!
I don't wanna disappoint you, but my secret desire for Memphis evaporated soon after I put up those words here.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the colors you use in you're blog, this is beautiful...what is this, velvet?

oh yea, Memphis sounds nice too, do it!!
commit, do it,
I know a rapper named Memphis Bleek, u probably wont like him, but still, he may be able 2 help u make up your mind. You can find Bleek at that there link, yup yup. He's not really that famous any more so your probably going have 2 do some digging on the website.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger chinar said...

hey when are u going to memphis???

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Elbow(2??): Isn't the color green? Or am I color-blind? Anyway, I found Bleek, but I still don't like the idea of going to Memphis in the summer.

Chinar: Aren't you going too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home