Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, April 30, 2006

# 36


I called my mom the other day. She just came back to Beijing from her college class reunion. (We have regular classmates at college, which is different from US.) Usually I would ask how my niece was doing.

My mom told me that before she came home, my niece asked her to call around 10 minutes in advance. Then my niece waited downstairs with my dad. Once the cab arrived, my niece insisted on carrying the biggest and heaviest bag. And my dad covered the rest of the luggages.

So my mom said "now I am bare-handed", then my niece responded by "that's what I wanted. I didn't want you to have to carry anything." She is only 6-year old!

Aww...how can I stop loving her so much?

6 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Your niece is one of the sweetest girls...I thought I was a nice kid, but I wasn't nearly that close.

On the second half I'll just say that I totally agree that we shouldn't judge others.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

So I'm really impressed...not only posting something, but adding to it during the day. That is so wonderful. I knew you couldn't stay away from blogging.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

hmm...I decide to take it as a compliment.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

So I don't understand...I check the site and think "hey you updated!" But then it turns out you just removed more of an old blog and added a picture. I'm a little disappointed, especially since you removed something about me.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

I didn't like the original one. Sorry for removing your name as well. I thought it would be weird to leave it there by itself.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you remove something about me, too? Because, surprisingly, my name's not in this entry! Do you remove my name from every entry?? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home