Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, April 21, 2006

being available

Here comes another weekend. Tomorrow I will probably hang out with my friend L, who I haven't seen for over a month. She has been extremely busy with her defense preparation (good luck, dear). But this is not the reason why we haven't got together. It's just her style. Usually once per month or two months, she gives me a call saying "hey, where are you? Why don't we have lunch today?" It will be around 11:30am by the time she calls me. Then I have to dump everybody else to meet her, because the chance is so rare.

See, this is the advantage of being less available (why can't I be). Certainly it's not just like that. It turns out to be an advantage only because she is my friend and I love her. Besides, I know when I really need her help, she is always there for me. So being available doesn't truly mean physical existence. Although she can't go shopping or hang out a lot with me, I do feel spiritually secure with her, which is more important to me.

At the same time, I have been wanting to have a friend like Kramer, who is always ready to kill time with me and always has some crazy ideas. Let me know if you happen to be him or her. :))

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

That is me...I'm basically the real Kramer!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home