Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, May 18, 2006

live the moment

Today an old friend of mine told me that my blog is sort of depressing. From now on, I shall try not to dwell too much upon the grey side of my life.

Actually, this week has been a blessing. Things worked out beautifully. People offered help which was beyond our expectation. Those were the precious moments in the long period of research work.

So how do I think of the moments when I feel most alive? This is one question I was asked today.

Mostly grateful. No matter whether the moments were good or bad, I am grateful for what happened in my life. I feel truly blessed for the wonderful people I met and the great times I had. At the same time, I am glad that I survived the bad days and became wiser and stronger.

Sometimes things I appreciate are so trivial. Like each time I drive passing by Huron river through Huron Parkway, I would think how I love the view and the city. Pretty lame. But it's true.

4 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

Today was a good day...many shall follow...maybe...you never know.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Joel: Good point. This is a question I often ask myself. Who am I blogging for?

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I can't WAIT to get that spreadsheet, Joel! :) Just you talking about it has made me more excited!!

Sherry, I am so proud of you- you're doing your homework!!

And I agree, you can write about whatever you want in your blog. I think it's good for people to see all sides of life. Do what I say and not as I do. :)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Ciara: I tried. I really want to read the book and catch up with you girls.

My problem was that in the past I only let people see the sad facts in my life. :)) So I am doing what you say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home