Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Saturday, May 20, 2006

I am full!

Almost everyday on our way to pick up our cars, Brian and I would have a little conversation like this:

Me: "What are you going to have for dinner?"
Brian: "I dunno."
Me (sigh): "Me either."
(Silence......)
Me (desperately): "What should I eat?!!"

Now I can announce that it shall not happen again. Well, to be accurate, not again for at least one month, because my parents are here to visit me, and cook for me. So I don't need to worry about not only the dinner but the lunch, which is such a relief, if you sort of know me.

Usually my dad is in charge of the real cooking process, my mom washes the dishes, and I deal with the processed food. In another word, I eat without giving any efforts, which has been so great.

While writing this blog, a horror suddenly struck me. How am I going to live after my parents leave? Hmm, it might be worthwhile to hide their passports.

4 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

What are we going to talk about on the way to the car now...sure this is great for you, but now I need to think of conversation topics. You know I'll freak out and talk about research...after work...this isn't acceptable to me. I'm glad your parents are around, but could you just not eat their food so we'll have something to talk about...thanks (by the way if you give me food also than I'm willing to deal with this problem).

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when parents cook!!
Are they going to make enough food for ALL of us to eat lunch? :)

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

They might. You never know.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you can always go to taco bell!

Actually, I'd rather have you (all) eat healthily. That's the best about parents cooking. At least when my parents cook I get pretty nutritious meals that are delish. Once they move close I'm gonna visit them twice a week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home