Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, January 30, 2009

why I do this

Yesterday I was chatting with my friend Bhramara. Our conversation led to my realization of the benefits of writing down my appreciations everyday.

1. It helps me separate my emotions from the reality. There were days when I had a long list of good things but I still ended up feeling crappy. So I think it is easier for me not to let my emotions in control.

2. It helps me live in the moment more. Sometimes when I am about to get frustrated, I say to myself "look, I am enjoying what I am doing now. This is good."

3. It is very rewarding for me to hear people say this is inspiring to them. It makes me feel that I am doing something for God even though initially I was doing this for myself. I continue to be amazed by the way he works.

************************************************
I am thankful for
1/29, Thursday
--- getting some work done
--- having the self-discipline not to watch any "how I met your mother" in the afternoon
--- getting 98% of my packing down
--- watching a few more episodes at night
--- chatting with my mom on the phone

1/30, Friday
--- the delicious pork ribs Jinli made
--- my pay check
--- the sunshine
--- boss being out of town
--- having dinner with Jinli at the new sushi place on Plymouth Rd
--- the blessings and trials that God gives us

2 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger 小小胖他媽 said...

I didn't really look into those details of your everyday doing because I feel it's personal. But I enjoy so much seeing your daily post. So I would know you are having another good day. :)

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger belbing said...

I have to say it is really cool your consistent posting of the good things in your life...its really cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home