Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

San Antonio --- Day 0 & 1

The flight was smooth. Our made a stop at the Memphis airport. Brian and I walked around and reminiscinced about our time here. Brian showed his affection by eating Memphis stype ribs, touching the walls and hugging the polls at the airport.

It took us a while to look for another colleague after we got to the San Antonio airport. The weather was very warm outside. And I found this at the airport.

the flower machine at the San Antonio airport


In the morning I went to Brian’s talk. He did a great job. Then I met with my professor and colleagues and made some change to my slides. I bought my lunch from Mcdonald’s, which sucked for me because I really want to have good food when I am in a strange city. My talk was the in the late afternoon. I guess it went ok.

the convention center where the conference was held

In the evening was the conference reception held at an old train station. We had mexican food, which was ok. Again I felt that I was a total outsider there. It is never fun to be around a huge community which you don’t belong to.

For the past few years I have hated the same conference we are at right now, because: 1. I always feel weird around a huge crowd; 2. I am not good at talking to strangers; 3. It seems that everyone else has someone to talk to; 3. When I want to do something fun other than listening to those talks, no one wants to go with me; 4. Everyone else except me seems to be having a good time.

So I spent the rest of the evening watching TV in my bed.

the view from my hotel room

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger demoreeann said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures!! Brian described the river walk to me, but i wasn't picturing it right. it's so cool looking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home