Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, October 31, 2008

new home

The movers came around 3pm. It took them 1 hour and 15 mins to move all my stuff. Although I didn't need to do much besides packing and cleaning, I still feel pretty beat.

Since I had a really bad experience last time I moved, I prepared early this time. In general it hasn't been too much a hassle to me. Occasionally the feeling of being helpless came back to haunt me, which would lead me to some resentment and bitterness. But I was able to fight it.

Now the living room is totally invaded by my stuff. I have a lot of work to do before the place can look decent enough again.

This apartment has a stunning view. Also, it is probably the most furnitured apartment I have ever lived. I bought two throw pillows for the couch, with which I believe I will spend a lot of quality time. So now it is super comfortable to lie down in it. And my roommate and I both love food, a lot.

It will be good.

the beautiful view outside our living room window

the comfy throw pillows I bought for the couch

one of the many home-improvement projects: the shelf I bought to expand the usable space in the bathroom. It took me 40 mins to assemble it and realize that I had to re-do it all over because I started out wrong.

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger demoreeann said...

very nice view!! :) the couch looks comfy.

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the view! Glad to see you are in your new comfy home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home