Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, October 05, 2008

unexpected trip

I came back from St. Louis to Ann Arbor around 11pm last night.

It was a totally unexpected 4-day trip due to the randomness of my professor. I didn't know I was going until 11am the same day I was driving there. I had to drop everything and hurry to rent car, book hotel rooms and go home and pack. And then I had to drive 8+ hours to St. Louis. I had to miss going to the football game with my friends. I had to sneak into the room to listen to the talks because we didn't register.

Fortunately there was some good outcome from this trip. I got to chat with some people who work in our area. I was getting a clearer idea of the labs around NY area. I was even able to have a conversation with a professor from SUNY. My colleague and I visited the famous arch which is really impressive. I got to have some good food for free. The weather in St. Louis was gorgeous.

One of influences of this trip is that I bought a couple of dressy shirts this weekend. I am not sure if it's good or bad.

the old cathedral near downtown St. Louis

the famous arch

I didn't have the guts to get to the top.

the creepy fake person that can move his arms, head and eyes in the museum under the arch

The park surrounding the arch was very nice.

1 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger belbing said...

very nice pictures...too bad Dem and I didn't go and see the creepy fake guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home