Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, November 06, 2008

weird guy

This happened a couple of weeks ago. I was walking towards another building that belongs to BME department.

The guy walking in front of me suddenly turned and said to me: "You smell like my daughter!"

Honestly I didn't know how to respond. I couldn't say "thank you" because I wasn't sure if it was a compliment. So I simply smiled and said "oh".

That guy continued:"You must be using the same perfume. My daughter smells exactly the same."

Fortunately I got to the building door by now. So I kept smiling politely and entered the building.

But seriously, it wouldn't feel this weird if he was saying that I smelled like his wife, although I prefer to not get such comments either.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger belbing said...

well my guess is that guy has no filter with what he says...if I had a daughter and a random person smelled like her I would think hey that is quite a coincidence and get excited because it would remind me of her...but I won't tell the stranger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home