Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, February 29, 2008

no title

My trip to Iowa was relatively smooth. I stopped by Michigan City as I planned. However, every single store was closed! Oh well, it is better this way since I don't really need anything.

Apparently there has been more snow in Cedar Rapids than AA. On both sides of the streets there are piles and piles of snow, most of which are higher than cars. So it is risky to make turns. Fortunately it is so sunny and warm today that everything is melting.

I love spending my time at Barnes & Noble. Bookstores have both comforting and exciting effects on me. I wish I had time to read more books, at least all the interesting ones.

Many books are on sale. I bought "Garlic and Sapphires" by Ruth Reichl who is the chief editor of Gourmet. She has been the restaurant critic for The New York Times and Los Angeles Times. This book is about her "secret life of a critic in disguise" after her photos were posted in every restaurant in NYC. If you know how much I love food, you would understand why I chose it.

Sidenote: I have got my first 2008 quarter (oklahoma).

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger chinar said...

every once a while i drop by and read abt. half dozen of your posts. it is so nice to read about familiar places. hope you doing good. tc.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know(/am jealous of) how much you appreciate food. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home