Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, February 22, 2008

happenings

My current officemate Ying defended her dissertation yesterday. It went pretty well. She did a great job. We are going to celebrate her freedom tonight at the Great Lakes. Congradulations, Dr. Zheng!

Yesterday also happened to be Jinli's birthday in the lunar calendar. We went to Seoul Garden for dinner. And later Jinli and I saw "27 dresses" at Showcase. It was delightful.

This morning I got my eyes checked. The doctors said my eyes have relatively high risk of getting Glaucoma, so they need to run tests on me every half year to monitor the changes. However, they also told me that there is really nothing much they can do if I get Glaucoma. So, yeah, for now I am not going to worry about it.

I got some cool pictures taken though. They dilated my eyes and took photos of the nerves, which look creepy in an awesome way, or the other way around. Too bad I don't have a copy of those picturs.

Tomorrow is another friend's birthday celebration. It is funny that he has got the entire day planned, from the breakfast at 9 am (which apparently is not my schedule) to drinks at 11 pm. I admire his birthday spirit.

I plan to drive to Iowa next week since there will be no classes. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Bian! Thank you for the support yesterday.hehe. I can not go through this without you guys' help.

btw, you update the blog very frequently. Very cool! keep working hard,haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home