Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, November 30, 2007

thankful

I am very thankful for many things that happened today.

1. I got my first paycheck as a postdoc. It is not much more than what I got as a graduate student, but I am still pretty happy about it.

2. I met with a old friend of mine. He gave me some good advice on the problem I am working on. In addition to that, he offered to re-install the operation system and install all the software for my new laptop. That was super nice of him. And I said YES without any hesitation. :)

3. I finally have internet at home. I waited the entire morning yesterday for the service guy who never showed up. He came on time today though. I even thought about asking him why he wasted my time. Anyway, now I have not only the internet but the cable. My new HDTV picked up over 100 channels which is way too much. I don't have enough time for that. Actually, I don't have time for TV in general.

4. My new officemate Ying gave me a great microwave, for free! I returned the one I bought earlier to Target. And I was going to buy another one from Walmart after the comcast installation. While I mentioned this during our group lunch, Ying said I could take the extra one in her apt. And it was this huge Sharp microwave with 1100 W output. Almost too good to be true.

5. I made some delicious noodle soup tonight. Nothing seemed better than a bowl of hot tasty noodle soup in such a cold night.

1 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

Sounds like some pretty good stuff there...good for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home