Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, November 30, 2007

it is well

I started to like my new environment. It is quite different from what I had been around for 5+ years. People here work in a team, and have lunch together everyday (sometimes even with the professor!). They seem to genuinely care about each other. I felt blended in almost immediately.

Also, the schedule doesn’t seem to be a problem any more. Getting up is painful in the morning. But I am becoming much more efficient during the working hours. And at night I feel comfortable doing whatever I wanna do without feeling guilty. That is pretty awesome.

The research in my group is mostly about fluid behavior in lung. Though I am facing some challenges and have much to learn, I love the fact that things I am going to do can lead to applications for human beings. Hey, maybe I should have tried to become a real doctor.

Another thing I am happy about is that I am learning how to use ANSYS (a solid mechanics software). There are several commercial softwares I have been interested to get familiar with, but never had any realistic drive to do that. The professor gave me a problem that could be solved by ANSYS, so these two days I have been indulging in playing with it. Ahhhh, so nerdy.

I am sure that I will beat myself down many times in the future as it is in my nature. However, at this moment, all is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home