Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, June 21, 2007

self-realization

Over the years I have found that I had a few false thoughts of myself. It is true that I have changed quite a bit too. At the same time, I have been right about myself in some areas.

First of all, I love food. It is true. And basically everyone knows that about me too. Having some good food after a long day of working makes my life hopeful.

I am a good person. Years ago I would hesitate to say that, but now I am sure that despite all my weakness and struggles, I have a good and kind heart. And I desire to be better.

I am a good friend. The truth is that I wasn't before although I thought I was. Gradually I am becoming a friend that I myself would like to have.

I am a perfectionist. I used to think I was pessimistic. However, I started to realize that I looked at the downside often only because I actually held high expectations for things or people including myself.

Friendship is very important to me. I love my friends and appreciate having them in my life. Seriously, I can't imagine a life without them. And I am very lucky to have some best friends I can ever ask for.

I enjoy research. It sounds so untrue, but deep inside me I lean towards this conclusion. The problem is that I get distracted or give up too easily. Again, I need to work on my self-discipline and perseverance.

I am actually a hard-working person. Well, I can be really lazy sometimes, but I can definitely work hard. And I don't mind working hard at all if given a meaningful purpose, such as helping a friend out.

I like to make sense of this life. I enjoy a good conversation with my friends. It inspires and excites me.

I am a simple person. When I was young, I thought I was pretty sophisticated. No, I am not. To people who get chance to know me and who are interested in knowing me, I am basically an open book.

I can be cheered up easily. I am emotional, so I might get upset often. But a short conversation would just lift up my spirit. I know my friends totally have that ability. Eh? Did anybody say "fooseball"? Yes, that too.

I will always be immature in some way. I would like to keep that child in me. It encourages me to love even though I have been hurt before, keeps me amazed each time when I see the sunset, and laugh and cry when I feel like to.

All in all, I am proud that I kept learning from life every step of my way. I want to be a better person and be more grateful for what I have got.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Trudi said...

Love this! Glad to see you are able to see all the fantastic qualities that you possess and want out of life.

Fantastic reflection!!!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

As one that spends nearly everyday with you I would have to say that you have done a pretty good job assessing yourself...well done. I believe we once had a conversation about how difficult it is to see yourself for who you really are (or perhaps I maybe thinking of a conversation with someone else...but you'll know if we did or not).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home