Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Saturday, November 11, 2006

southern food

In one entry, Brian expressed his love for Rendezvous pork ribs.

Although I agree that those ribs are awesome, my favorite restaurant in Memphis was Bahama Breeze. They have the best pasta (lobster and shrimp pasta) I have ever had, along with some other decisious dishes. The sad thing is that my memory was contaminated by their service during our last experience.

Actually, I just found there are two of them in Michigan. Maybe I will try the one in Novi. Maybe they have better and quicker service there.

Before discovering Bahama Breeze, all my love was poured into Cozy Mel's. Well, I still have to say that's my favorite mexican restaurant. I know Brian would disagree here. After all, On the Border and Las Margaritas are pretty good too. But the first cut is the deepest.

Another place we visited frequently was the Italian place Amerigo. It is a very nice restaurant with people wearing decent clothes, except us. Everytime we would order chicken tuscany pasta. I never tried it with mashed potato, but the words on the street said it's good too.

I have never been to any Ruby Tuesday before I went to Memphis. There was one right by the hotel. So whenever we were really tired but still needed to comfort our stomach (well, mostly mine), we walked there. I really liked their salad bar and the cheeseburger.

There are a few more places. The steak house in downtown. The small pizza buffet where Paul (or Harold) treated us. The catfish restaurant across the street. The really crappy one right at the president island.

All in all, food was a large portion of my desire in Memphis...alright, everywhere. Also, for any of you who like ribs, you can pay $94 to get Rendezvous ship two large ribs overnight to your home which will be good for four people (like me, 2 people like Brian).

Wait, will I get paid by putting this information here?

2 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you talk about Ruby Tuesday, my stomach growled!

Mmmmm... cheeseburgers with onion straws... *drooooool*

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Man Rendezvous has clouded my mind so much that I forgot how much I really love Amerigo's...before those heavenly ribs that was definitely my favorite place. Also if you ever get a chance again I highly suggest getting the chicken tuscany with mash potatoes...I know when I go back I'm getting it (yes we all know I'll be in Memphis again).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home