Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

numbers

I have always been interested in numbers. I was good at remembering phone numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, etc.

Math intrigued me by how numbers are manipulated in all sorts of ways. However, linear algebra gave me a headache. I guess I am lack of imagination in multi-demensional space.

Also, certain numbers can trigger my memories. For example, historical events are associated with certain dates. Or it can be about something very trivial. Like 10 minutes ago, the clock in my computer showed 2:12, which was the amount I paid for my latte today. Or one minute ago, 2:27 would be the birth date of the guy I had a crush on in college.

This game can go on and on.

6 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

I say we make numbers the universal language of the world instead of English....

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

4663 4332!!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

0010001110101

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On behalf of honorable Caesar the IV (long live the king),
beloved Caesar the V (long live the future king) ,
and precious Caesar the IV ( long live Little Caesars),

The letter V will be known as number V,

and let it be so, that until Caesar the II (long live the unborn king)
is surpassed by Caesar the I, that the Letter I will be known to all as
"I, the number"

but make no mistake about it,
the letter Zero is reserved indefinitely for the imperadoublius Casar The 0 (long living are those who see all 6 !!! )

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely would understand the world better if it were presented solely in numbers! Words are hard to pronounce and remember!

My awareness of number coincidences isn't as strong as yours, Sherry, but let me tell you, I feel like I see the numbers 1, 2, & 8 (in that order) together EVERYWHERE... it's that time whenever I look at the clock, I pass it on freeway markers, it's the price of pints of ice cream on sale...

If only it were my weight! :)

What could it all mean?

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Ciara: I think you should take a look at the trailer of Jim Carrey's new movie "the Number 23".

Maybe you will find something there. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home