Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, July 16, 2006

coincidence

When I was bolting the screws for my test facility half hour ago, I was thinking about simpsons and trying to figure out in which episode Marge went onto a date and the guy ran away after he heard that Marge had three kids.

Then I came upstairs to take a break and check what's on Fox channel today. So there it is. The episode I was wondering about will be on at 8pm.

It appears to me that the word "coincidence" was generated in order that people will not think too much about why such things happen. "Hey, what a coincidence!" Then that's it.

One day I told Brian that he was looking through his old photo album in my dream. He laughed and said he actually did it that morning. It was kind of creepy considering that he had not touched the album for quite a long time.

Maybe we are living in a matrix. Like most people, we sensed something is there but we ignored it. Even when there was a chance to know the truth, we chose the blue pill.

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

That really was weird...even more weird then when you guessed what DVD I was watching three nights in a row. Also way to mention both the Simpsons and the Matrix in one post.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. I think you have a coincidental gift, Sherry! Seriously.

Speaking of coincidences, remember how you shared at lifegroup that you can have hope in hard times because it's shaping your heart? And remember how I tried to find that verse about that for you? And remember how I couldn't find it?

Well, after you guys left, I called Kevin and he said he had just been reading the Bible and he wanted to share some verses with me- and that one was one of them! I was like "Man, I should have called you DURING group!"

He was reading the verse I was looking for while I was looking for it! Crazy.

Oh, and here it is:

Romans 5: 3-5

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home