Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Saturday, July 15, 2006

home, sweet home



I mean it, literally, because there are piles of oatmeal chocalate chunk cookies now sitting in my kitchen. I have no idea of how I am going to do with them. It is very possible that they will have their first and last flight to Memphis next week.

On Thursday night Demoree taught me how to make chocolate chip cookies. It turned out to be pretty easy. Much easier than the non-bake ones.

So this evening I went to grocery shopping. When I was checking out, the guy at the counter asked me "going to bake cookies tonight, eh?". Yeah, obviously, if all I bought was flour, baking soda, chocolate chips, sugar, etc.

I was so devoted that I even sacrificed "simpsons" tonight. Homer just found out that J stands for Jay. I suppose that's a good episode.

Tomorrow I am going to make some peanut butter cookies. I think the reason why I am so obsessed with baking cookies is that I always loved chemisty. Wait, is it correct that baking cookies is chemical reaction?

Well, it might be.

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Who's the heart one for?

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

I was going to take it to the lifegroup, but I don't think I can make it tonight since I need to finish some data before I leave.

SO the heart will go with me to Memphis tomorrow. But it's highly possible that you will see a broken heart.

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, man, your double-chocolate cookies were pretty much the awesomest! I didn't even get to get seconds because my roommates ate the rest while I was at work on Tuesday. :)

if you love playing with chemistry so much (I'm going to say it IS a chemical reaction, just for the sake of argument), you can make some of those oatmeal ones for the beach house anytime you want. :)

thanks for learning and sharing!

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home