Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, July 06, 2006

congradulations to my newly-engaged friends

I am really excited now. An old friend of mine just got engaged tonight!

He called me this afternoon and said he wanted to hang out with me and some other friends tonight. I felt that something was coming up, but he didn't wanna say anything.

So when we sat down at the table, the waitress kept asking if there was some special event. Then my friend said "I am getting engaged".

I couldn't help laughing, because before that I didn't even know he had a girlfriend. Although I know both of them for a couple of years, I never thought they two finally be together.

What a pleasant surprise! I am so happy for them!

4 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

Wow what a surprise...I guess when you are friends before hand it doesn't take long before engagement. So did he ask with everyone there or did he eat then go and ask her.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

I knew the guy for 3~4 years and we are really good friends. It's just that we didn't have time to talk much for a while ever since last Christmas, so this is a total shock to me.

For all these years he has been looking for the special girl in his life and I am glad he finally found her. Probably it's part of the reason why I smiled so much yesterday.

He asked with everyone there. The funny thing is that the proposal was not a surprise to his fiancee (they discussed it beforehands) but everyone else at the table.

I removed my chair to make some space so he could kneel down, but he didn't. See, we Chinese hold back our emotions. :))

Anyway, I am really really happy for them.

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so cute!

and Brian, listen, it CAN take long to get engaged even if you've been friends beforehand!!! what? why am I in trouble? :)

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home