Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, July 10, 2006

everyday is a new day

There are a lot of funny discussions in the forum of phdcomics.com. For example, they are listing the reasons why you love/hate to push your advisor off the cliff.

I don't think it's a proper place here to talk about the evil side. For those readers from my office, I'd say that I have always loved my advisor and I will never think of doing such a terrible thing to him. It's hard to find a cliff in Michigan anyway.

But I do have a couple of reasons why I won't do it. First, he is such a funny character. Knowing the fact that he listened to the songs from "the Simpsons" all the way on his trip cracked me up. Also, his idea of having the party at his home, grilling a whole pig and dring all day got me really excited.

Secondly, he is very smart. I wish I could be more like him. Even if I can't, I feel lucky to be around smart people. I certainly learned a lot from him.

Most of all, he had the ability to cheer me up easily(unfortunately, same effect on the opposite side). I had the feeling that my life was doomed again since last night. Then this morning my advisor came to the lab and talked to me about helping me graduate and find a job. Although I am not sure when and how he will do it, it did bring some hope back into my life.

So hang on there. Everything will be fine.

6 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

Very funny with the no cliffs in Michigan comment. So it makes you happy to know that you'll be "dring" all day...I think you might already have too many.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Haha, I might have, but I didn't.

Here are the reasons why "dring" (instead of drinking) was just a typo.

1. it was posted at 4pm in the afternoon.

2. I didn't have lunch with Eric.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. I thought "dring" was a type of meat!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home