Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, July 03, 2006

memory

Memory is a very strange thing, at least to me. It's like somebody installed a filter in my brain. For some people, I can remember every single detail they told me about their lives. While for other people (probably most people), I can't even remeber their names.

The reason might be that for the majority of my life, I was a shy person living in my own world. Only those who have been close enough to me could leave some traces in my memories.

It is not always a good thing to remember. Sometimes it hurt, when you believed every promise another person made and held on to it. Maybe that person wasn't even lying. He or she simply forgot it. Maybe back to long long time ago, that was truely a promise.

Someone said that it's more important to forgive than to forget. I don't even know whether way I chose. Did I forget? No, I can still remember, if I try to. But I did intentially let those memories slip away.

The definition of happy memories for me is rather straightforward. It doesn't include all the moments when I was happy. However, people living in my happy memories should be those who I still love and care about.

Now that I think of the people who were important in my life, there is not much emotion attached to the memories. There was certain time when I thought my life would make no sense if I could not be with somesone. Now everyone is just a shallow of an old friend in my memory.

Did I just make a fool of myself? Or is my memory fooling me?

Really, when two people have no chance to meet again, how important would the memories be? No matter what have happened between them, as time passes by, there will probably be once in a year when something comes up to stir the memories. Even so, nothing will change. Life goes on.

So let’s cherish every minute we could be together. And let me love you as long as I remember.

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

I too find the concept of memory to be quite strange. I can tell that I'm one of those people that you remember everything I say...I take it as an honor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home