Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, July 23, 2006

back from Memphis

Recently I have been in a weird state. Nothing can really upset me. It is "weird" because it's just not me.

Through my long PhD career, I have already got used to constant depression. Now the new mental status sort of confuses me. I often wonder if it's an indication that I am going totally crazy.

Anyway, the trip to Memphis last week was not bad not all. On one hand, it certainly interruptted my own research schedule, which probably is a bad thing considering how much I care about graduation and getting a degree.

On the other hand, it gave me a demo version of my life in Memphis for the next few weeks. Since it seemed fine, I shouldn't worry about next trip, I guess.

Most of all, I had the chance to eat at Cozy Mel's again. Maybe I should write a letter to the restaurant to express how I love the food there, like some of Brian's friends did to other products they like.

3 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Yeah...Memphis is awesome. I just made it there (after sitting in the airport for 8 hours). Thanks for the ride and I'll see you soon.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

I should have told you that you could call me if you couldn't do the stand-by.

Sorry about it. I hope everything will work out nicely.

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it! Write the letter! Maybe they'll frame it and put it on the wall!

What do you like about that place, anyhow?

Maybe you're new phase isn't "crazy", but maybe it's "content". It IS possible. :)

Good luck down there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home