Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, June 15, 2006

what do I desire

Recently I have been reading the book "the Journey of Desire" recommended by Ciara, which actually lead to a big discussion between me and Brian about how his image of heaven would be.

Although I have only finished the first two chapters, it made me think a lot about what I truly desire for my life.

First of all, I desire good relationships. I want to know more about God. I want to be genuinely loved by my family and my friends.

I desire financial security. I hope I have enough money to take care of basic living and health issues when I get old.

I desire to stop worrying too much and enjoy life more.

I love good food. I dream about visiting Greece and Italy. I want to play tennis more and better. I hope to swim in the big ocean once I learn how to swim.

And I desire the freedom to just be myself.

3 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Sherry I'm glad to see that you seem to have some hope in this blog. Also I was thinking about it more and I think you'll enjoy two other John Eldredge's books.

This is one of my favorite posts of yours...I really feel like you are really connected with what you desire in life.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

I try...:)

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job with your homework! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home