Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Korean comedy?

When I got home today, my mom was watching the last episode of the Korean drama. And my dad was in the kitchen, needless to say. So I chose to hang out with my mom.

"Is this his ex-wife?"
"NO!!! This is his mom. " My mom was surprised by my ignorance. "She was pregnant but her dad didn't want her to marry the guy she loved. So her dad adopted her son as his son. He was her brother, but now he knows that she is his mom."
Hmmm....
"What's this guy then?"
"He was the other guy's brother, but he has been calling him uncle."
Mom, are you trying to confuse me?!

Then the main characters met after two years of separation. The girl started crying as soon as she saw the guy.
"Why is she crying?"
"Too many things happened between them." My mom was like totally into the scene.
"But it has been two years! Is it still necessary to cry?"
"You didn't watch it. You don't know how it feels."
I certainly don't. Mom, you are absolutely right. But I do wish I had more time to watch it with you. We could have turned the drama into comedy.

Then later in the evening I took my parents to Costco for a little shopping. Around one of the open freezers, they were so excited. "Wow, they sell all kinds of tofu here! Let's take this one." They are big fans of tofu.

Really? Wait...."They are cheese, not tofu." I am sorry, mom and dad. I think Costco should sell tofu too.

3 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Your parents are funny...I'm glad I got to have dinner with them. Not to mention that I was able to make your mom laugh (even take off some clothes).

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. that is a LOT of personal information, brian!

ah, I am so glad that your mom, like mine, enjoys ridiculous drama shows (since my mom watches days of our lives). it's like, even though they live in totally different countries, they can have the common bond. it's beautiful, really. :)

haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home