Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

another year

So today is your birthday. Time goes faster when I get older. Wasn't it yesterday that we went to the movies, sat by the Main Street drinking, had dinner at your apartment, and dreamt about our own coffee shop? Even though I don't ever want to be a student again, I miss those days. I miss all the fun we had together. And certainly I miss you.

There were up-and-downs in our friendship, like any other relationship. But I am happy about where we are. I am lucky for having a friend like you. Anyone should feel lucky for having a friend like you. I know I said this millions of times, but I can't imagine how my life could have been without you and Rui by my side.

I admire you for so many things. You are independent and sharp. I envy your compassion for people in pain and your courage to confront unfairness. And you are so much fun to be with. You are the only person with whom I can EXCHANGE entertainment gossips. Sometimes we have different views on things, but that's why you are always good at reminding me of how I should appreciate what I have in my life. I can't be more thankful for our difference.

You will probably laugh at the idea of "birthday wishes", and I will probably laugh with you. So I give you the simplest.

Happy Birthday!

And I wish you all the best.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks! it's so sweet to read this blog. and you are good at writing emotional stuuf.

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I mean "stuff". haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home