Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, March 02, 2007

crush

This is a funny word to me. Before I came to US, I did not know that it can be used as "have a crush on sb." In this context, here is the definition I found.

Crush (Merriam Webster): n. an intense and usually passing infatuation.

Although I have decided not to drive to Cincinnati to visit my friend, who has been more like an acquaintance to me as I thought about it, talking to him reminded me of some silly things I did in college.

Such as, I looked for him in every single classroom and pretended I ramdomly bumped into him. I made him all the holiday cards (I think I was more artistic back then). When I was visiting his home, I hugged his shirt that was hanging in the closet (please refer to "Brokeback Mountain"). The funniest thing was that I thought no one else knew about my crush except some close friends, it turned out even the senior students in my department were totally aware of what I was doing, as one of them became my best friend later and told me the fact. That was one embarrassing moment! :P

My "crush" lasted so long that it might not be qualified for this word anymore. Not that he is a bad person, the truth is that he wasn't worth the time and energy at all. But I guess if it were not him, it would have been someone else, which probably wouldn't make any difference to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home