Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Friday, November 03, 2006

everybody gets a panda

So as you all know, I am from China. And in China, everyone gets a baby panda when he or she is born.

Then where is my panda? You may ask.

My panda and I were best friends. We grew up together. She did room-cleaning for me. She played with me. Everyday I came back home from school, she waited for me at the door and gave me a big warm hug.

But one day I decided to come to US. Of course, my panda was with me. At the Beijing airport, there was no question asked, because in China, we travel with our Pandas. It was never a problem.

I didn't know that it was not the same in US (I should have read more travel books). My panda couldn't pass the custom because she didn't have a passport or a visa. And she couldn't get back to China either, because Americans need to identify her nationality first before sending her somewhere.

So up to today, my panda is still at Detroit airport. I get weird phone calls from time to time. And I know it's her telling me that she is alright.

I am not too worried about her living. My panda is not too picky about food like other pandas. She works hard, so probably the airport can use her for cleaning or something.

If you ever take a flight at Detroit airport, please say hi to my panda for me. I miss her very much.

(I'd like to thank Ciara for inspiration of the story. She is obsessed with baby pandas. Also, I want to thank Brian for helping me complete the story, because he knows my life very well.)

3 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I was born in China!

This might inspire me to go to the airport sometime... I mean, who knows, I could go into the bathroom and run into your panda cleaning the sinks!!

Look at how cute those baby pandas are! Aw, panda-wanda bubbas!!

Thanks for the story, Sherry!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

Good idea to share with everyone the facts about the Chinese and their pandas. Now I would like more details on each families dragon...

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger beneathwing said...

Oh, the dragon's story is even sadder. I am sure that you don't wanna hear about it. So you know what happened to Snowball, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home