Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, April 02, 2006

This weekend

There are times when I clicked my own blog though I knew I didn't update it and hoped maybe someone mysteriously did it for me. Well, if it really happened, I would probably be freaked out.

Anyway, here are things I did this weekend.

On Friday night, I went bowling with my friends and friend's friends in New Life church. I used to think I was a terrible bowler. It turned out I was not that bad all the time. The problem is that I didn't stop playing wisely after the first round, in which I got 93. So I still ended up being a terrible bowler. I had lots of fun with both bowling and talking with some new friends.

Then we went to the Beach House for a small group meeting. The Beach House is actually Ciara, Demoree and Karen's apartment at Willowtree. There we had some delicious fresh brownies. It smelled so good that I couldn't keep my mind focused when Sara was reading some story for us. I am sorry, but it was not my fault.

I didn't expect that I had a chance so soon to play the "apples-to-apples" game which Ciara talked about in her blog. It would probably be more fun if it's played between friends, then you can have a rough guess of what the "judge" would like most.

On Saturday afternoon, we finally got together for J's birthday, had some good food at Middle Kingdom, brought home a slice of cake from the asian bakery store and then went some shopping.

After getting home, I spent the whole night sitting by my couch watching dvds. Yes, I sat on the floor by my couch instead of in the couch (in case someone would jump out to correct my grammar). Neither of the movies I watched would fall into the traditional category. One is "my life without me", another is "Kinsey".

"Kinsey" is based on the true story of a professor in Indiana University. He studied the sexual behavior of human beings. Despite the moral part, it's a pretty good movie. My criterion for judging movies is very simple. If I didn't feel bored during watching them, they are ok. If they even make me think, they are good.

"My life without me" is a little bit odd story. The girl was diagnosed carrying tumor and having only 2 months to live, so she made a list of things she wanted to do before she died. Most things were pretty normal (like recording tapes for two daughters' birthdays until they got 18, visiting her dad who was in jail, trying to find her husband a new wife, etc) except one thing, which is to have affair with another guy and make him fall in love with her. The reason was that she spent her life together with her husband since she was 17 and she wanted to know what it would be like to with another man. It would not have bothered me much if she didn't keep saying to her husband "I love you". Besides (I know it's not the point), her husband was so cute.

Everybody's acting was so real and touching that I had to say it is a good movie from my point of view. And I forgot to mention that the leading actor was Mark Ruffalo.

Today I went to the church with a couple of friends. The pastor talked about missionory, so it didn't really get me. I enjoyed the sermons from the last two Sundays though.

BTW, I had the "good-to-go" from Taco Bell before the bowling game. It was delicious. Why do they have to be this far from the campus? It is not worthwhile to drive all the way to Ypsi only to get the food. Or is it? Hmm, you never know.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...you just never know. How did you not tell me that you got the "good-to-go" at Taco Bell?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home