Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, February 08, 2009

a little tired, but

all is well.

On Saturday afternoon my husband and I drove to Connecticut to visit an old friend of mine. I haven't seen her for almost 10 years. Our dorms were next to each other when we were in graduate school in Beijing. Now she is the mom of a 5 years old boy!

She prepared the hotpot. We ate a lot, talked a lot, and played with her son. It was very nice.

After we came back home, my husband and I played wii for a few hours. I broke a few records and reached the champion level in two games. Good times.

As always, we went to flushing for lunch on Sunday. Luckily we found a parking spot after a few rounds. The food was good. He dropped me off at the airport after lunch. The flight was a little bumpy, but overall the trip was very smooth. Except for the waiting, Michigan Flyer is a pretty good choice for the transportation to or back from the airport. On time and very comfortable.

On my way home, I picked up two dishes from asian legend. Hopefully I will never get tired of their food so that I can always order take-out when I don't want to cook.

And didn't it feel like the spring was already here?

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger belbing said...

I predict that we will have this warm up, it'll go back to being cold for the rest of the month, and then we'll have an early spring starting in march.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home