Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Monday, July 07, 2008

more

I just came to realize that among the people I know I am probably the only one who wanted Nadal to win, which makes me love him even more.

Besides all the greatness of his playing techniques described in Wikipedia, I love how he fights for each point. Ever since the first time I saw him play, when he was an unseeded player, I have been impressed by his strength and persistency in the tennis court. And I love how he is able to stay calm and focused no matter how stressful the situation seems.

Yet he is much more than that.

I love how humble yet truthful he is. People say that he is incredibly mature for his age. To me, it is just the way he is. There is nothing tricky in his answers. He is simply a child who loves tennis and happens to be freaking good at it.

I love that he ran and then climbed up the box to hug his family after he won Wimbledon. That he walked across the sloped roof of the commentary booths to the royal box to show his appreciation to the royal family. That he was able to keep his humility, show his respect to his opponent, but at the same time fully express his joy.

I love how he and Federer tapped on each other's back when they encountered during the walk after the game.

They all know Federer is great. I wish they would come to see how awesome he is, as a player and as a person.

4 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger belbing said...

People will learn about Nadal...give them time.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Trudi said...

I find it funny for someone who says I write too much about sports, you have had several posts about tennis. I am so proud of you!

Makes me wish that I had watched such a phenominal match.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

yeah, Brian also teased me about that. :)

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

FYI: Phil wanted Nadal to win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home