Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Iowa, I hope you will be ok

one of the bridges at downtown Cedar Rapids. I took this picture in last November.

This one was taken on the same day.


the picture from today's CNN. Where I circled is the same building as in the last picture. All the bridges are submerged now.

I like what the local sheriff said in the news:
"We're just kind of at God's mercy right now, so hopefully people that never prayed before this, it might be a good time to start," Linn County Sheriff Don Zeller said. "We're going to need a lot of prayers, and people are going to need a lot of patience and understanding."

5 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...your picture really puts things in perspective...

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too much water!!!
too many sad things in the world!

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. that's crazy.
i'm praying!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger belbing said...

I went to the CNN link first that you sent in your prayer request and saw the pictures. I then thought, hey I wonder if the pictures you took before are of these same areas and went to your blog to find out...turns out it was.

Quite the statement from the sheriff.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Trudi said...

Thanks for sharing. It really does put it into perspective how devestated the area is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home