Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Sunday, July 13, 2008

knowledge from the simpsons

This afternoon Jinli and I were hanging out at my apt. She asked me "what is the sound outside? It has been around the entire afternoon." There was this electronic music playing somewhere.

I told her, "it sounds like the music from an icecream truck."

"Nonsense. Have you ever seen one around here?" She said.

My answer was, "no, but I saw it on The Simpsons." Of course, she didn't count it as any solid evidence.

10 minutes later, she suddenly shouted "look!". There it was. An icecream truck with the music playing, slowly passing by my apt.


Lesson:
The Simpsons is always right.
Even though what it tells you might have never happened in your world, it will happen eventually if you wait long enough. (Seriously, this is the first time I saw an icecream truck here and I have been living here for almost 4 years.)

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

good job paying attention to the Simpsons...they won't steer you wrong.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is nice! I have never seen any yet. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home