Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Thursday, July 10, 2008

blackberry tree, game theory, etc

I have shown several people where the blackberry tree by Fuller road is. Rui and I used to take an evening walk everyday in the summer. We would stop by that tree and taste some berries. Jinli, Ying and I are going to pick more blackberries tomorrow, so I need to wear dark clothes.

This evening I went to the North Campus's School of Information to help with an ecomics experiment. Ying's friend need some sample data from engineering people. Basically we were asked to guess the answer that could possibly give us more points based on our judgement of what others might choose. The experiment was based on the game theory, which I knew nothing about.

I somehow felt depressed after the game. It was probably because in that game being selfish tends to get you more points. And that was how I did it. I wonder if there is any case where people would try to maximize the benefits of both sides.

6 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel pretty good about the game, though a lot of them were guessed wrong. In economics, you can not take care of everything, it is enough if everybody can take care of themselves. Do what you think is best is good enough. hehe.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger beneathwing said...

I didn't like the survey either. I hate that they try to fit people into steorotypes.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you gotta be kidding me. There's really a blackberry tree on North Campus!!! sigh, all this time...

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

I too hate trying to fit people into stereotypes.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger demoreeann said...

I could be wrong, but i believe that blackberries grow on bushes. Maybe the tree is a Mulberry tree?

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger demoreeann said...

Also, I once participated in a psychology experiment (it was required to take part in 3 experiments for my psych 101 class!) and it made me feel really nervous and i left feeling very weird and exposed. i don't even remember what the experiment was about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home