Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

what's going on

1. I feel stressed at work. Ying is leaving next month. I am not quite sure how I will be doing without her. After she leaves, I will be the senior person in the lab, which is freaking me out. There are so many things to be done that I just want to dig a hole and bury my head in the sand.

2. My husband is leaving for his new job next month. It means that I need to drive to Iowa and back, and then drive to New York, all in the same month. Not to mention the packing, moving, settling down part.

3. I had a minor emotional crisis a couple of weeks ago. All the little things piled up and triggered my deep insecurity about my relationships. I was in self-pity and utter disappointment towards people in my life. Thankfully I crawled out of it again.

4. Despite all that, I think I have been enjoying this summer. Seroiusly, compared to the last one, I am in a so much better place now. There are things I have to deal with, but most of the time my heart is at peace with who I am and where I am at.

5. I am writing a new novel. It is in Chinese. Sorry, guys.

6. I am having a little bit crush on Christian Bale. He is so handsome and he is such a talented actor. I watched 3 of his movies last weekend.

7. I still loves God. I am grateful that he is in charge.

**************************************************

Correction:

After re-reading my posts from the last year, I realized that my last summer wasn't bad at all, especially after I defended my dissertation.

It was the winter 2006 and spring 2007 that sucked badly.

4 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say, I enjoyed reading your blogs all the way. Keep it up! :)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Elbow said...

Perhaps you were thinking of 2 summers ago...that was unpleasant.

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous half summer is pretty good, hehe, but I agree this later half is busy and stressful.

Hope to get a pure month for vacation soon~~~

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger demoreeann said...

i am glad that you are enjoying the summer, despite the stresses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home