Snapshots

a string to connect pieces of my life

Saturday, May 31, 2008

two movies

Jinli and I went to see "sex and the city" last night. That showroom must be the most women-concentrated place in Ann Arbor at that moment. There were a couple of guys there, who I assumed was either forced by his girlfriend (definitely not wife) or had questionable sex orientation.

The movie itself was fine, if you are not against the show. It lived up to my expectation. I only had one objection against the plot, but I won't spoil it here.

Here is something funny. During the movie the power was down due to the T-storm outside. Then they used the backup power. Since the show we were watching was a digital version, the projectionist needed to find where the movie was stopped. Apparently he or she wasn't paying attention to whatsoever was playing, so he or she just kept going and going. Several scenes beyond what we had seen were shown, but I covered my eyes so that my viewing experience wouldn't be spoiled. At last the audience had to shout "NO, NO!!!", "back!", "more!" and "STOP!!!" to get us to the right place.

After the movie, the weather was terrible. So Jinli decided to crash at my place. Upon my insistence, we watched "superbad" because I had to return the dvd to the library today. It was hilarious, especially the beginning. Those guys are genius. But if you don't find dirty jokes funny, don't bother watching it. :D

Sidenote: We stopped by Red Robin for dinner before the show. How I love their A.1 peppercorn burger! It was so so so good. Thanks Brian for introducing it to me.

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Elbow said...

No problem...it is an awesome burger and I think I might need one soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home